If you could choose to be a master (or mistress) of any skill in the world, which skill would you pick?
Well, after suffering some mental blockage like my friend twindaddy (even though his post still turned out epic and hilarious, with help from the Humping Trooper), I crept downstairs to ask the man for some advice. It went something like this:
Me: “I need help. What am I really, really bad at?” (I’m so good at so many things, it’s hard to find that one thing I could stand to improve upon.)
Joe: “I don’t fuckin’ know!” (Manners!) “Only you know that.”
Me: “Oh please, you know plenty of things I’m horrible at.” (We’re mad about each other, I swear.)
Joe: “I don’t know, love.”
Me: “If I could choose one skill…to be mistress of…it’d be always having…uh…the best ideas…yeah. I don’t know.”
Me: “I think this conversation is going to end up as my blog post.”
And so it has. But really, I don’t know if I could choose just one skill I’d like to master. I’m greedy, I want it all, I wanna be the best at everything. I’m competitive, you see. So if I could be a mistress of any skill in the world, I’d pick being the mistress of being awesome at everything. That’s a skill, right?
You say I’m a cheater?
Screw you. I’m awesome at everything, and you’re just jealous.
Okay, enough. Here’s some things I’d really like to master (or mistress?):
- baking (I made a pumpkin shaped cake for Joe’s birthday on Halloween, and it looked sad. Just sad.)
- packing (Joe’s the master of this one. He rolls his shirts military style and I toss everything in then sit on the suitcase.)
- folding (How does Joe get the towels folded so perfectly over the rack in the bathroom? It’s seriously a mystery to me. Are you noticing a theme here?)
- staying awake past midnight (I’ve become an old lady lately. Just look at this list so far!)
- speaking every language in the world (Oh, you’re talkin’ smack? Yeah, I know what you’re saying.)
- not letting idiot customers get to me (Really, what’s the point?)
Other Daily Prompt Posts:
(And be sure to follow any links to other daily prompt posts these lovely bloggers have provided.)
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Tomorrow marks yet another day of a crappy opening shift. Hooray for Early Morning Musings!